Popular Posts

Saturday, December 19, 2015

Dilophosaurus Headshot

This is my first experiment with watercolor paint (blending and mixing on the canvas). I chose to color in a headshot one of my favorite dinosaurs the Dilophosaurus. I had the colors most commonly used when coloring thief heads. First I drew the outline of his head in a H2 pencil very lightly, but dark enough to where when I erased it I could see a very faint outline of the head. After I had finished erasing the outline I coated the part I wanted to paint in water and the rest is pretty much self explanatory. After that part dried I did another the same way until the project was complete.
I would have to say that I had to be most careful on the eye, with all of the shading and size of all the details.
Overall, it was fun and I plan on doing more water color in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment